Who is LISA? The Government Help to Buy ISA Scheme for first time buyers closed to new applicants at the end of November 2019. If you opened an account in time you can continue to save into it until November 2029 and you then have a year to claim...
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) offers a ‘step by step plan’ for businesses for protecting the health and safety of workers and others. The key recommended actions are:
1. Register a new business with the appropriate authority (HSE or your local authority);
2. Take out employers’ liability insurance and display the certificate as required by law;
3. Make sure you have someone competent to help you comply with health and safety regulations;
4. Decide on your health and safety policy (how you will manage health and safety issues);
5. Carry out an assessment of risks (potential dangers and appropriate precautions to take) and act on the findings;
6. Provide basic welfare facilities, such as washing and toilet facilities;
7. Provide appropriate health and safety training for employees;
8. Consult with workers on health and safety matters;
9. Display the required health and safety law poster or give workers a leaflet containing the information; and
10. Report as required any work-related accidents, diseases or dangerous incidents.