We have used Dawson Hart for our business property purchases and sales for years and they never fail to deliver.
Expert personal attention to three generations of my family - excellent firm.
I have used Dawson Hart for over forty years. I live almost 100 miles away from their office, but still use them because all the staff are welcoming and efficient. I cannot rate them highly enough.
Delighted with the service offered.
Efficient, courteous resolution of a difficult matter.
Wonderful people, excellent service.
Phone always answered promptly by Reception staff who always quickly transferred call through to conveyancing team.'
Dawson Hart ‘has a recognised expertise in high-value financial cases representing professionals and business people from all sectors’. Practice head Mahie Abey ‘has an excellent grasp of the law, is very client focused and deals with complex situations with skill and a clear grasp of the issues'. Caroline Bourn’s collaborative law practice is highlighted together with her ‘grasp of details combined with a very approachable manner’. In addition to handling the financial issues arising from divorce and the breakdown of civil partnerships, the team also resolves Children Act issues and children residency matters.
Caroline Bourn is praised by sources for her “calm, clear and efficient” approach to family and matrimonial matters. She regularly handles complex financial remedy cases for high net worth clients as well as private children work. She is also an experienced collaborative lawyer.
The young ladies in the reception area were pleasant and cheerful, giving the impression of a well run, efficient workplace.
Department head Mahie Abey handles complex, high-value matrimonial finance cases. He is also well versed in handling private children matters. He receives high praise from clients, one of whom notes; “I have 100% faith that he has my best interests at heart and feel confident knowing he is fighting my corner.
It’s very reassuring to know that I have found a local firm of solicitors who I feel I can trust to use again whenever I have need of legal services. Your staff are all a pleasure to deal with and I have received excellent care and service throughout the proceedings.
Andrew joined Dawson Hart in 2015 and is a Director and Head of the Property Department.
Andrew has worked in property for many years. Andrew’s commercial property expertise covers property of all values and all types; parcels of land under 1 metre square up to several hundred acres; drainage easements below the ground to crane over-sail agreements above your property; short term licences of a few days to 999 year leases. Essentially, anything relating to property! The mainstay of Andrew's work however is in relation to commercial leases, whether retail office or industrial and whether acting for landlord or tenant. He also has experience in all types of residential property, freehold or leasehold, including lease extensions.
In relation to the development of land, Andrew has worked on sites involving one property, up to those for over a hundred new homes. Andrew can be involved at any stage of the process having worked on collaboration agreements; land promotion agreements; option contracts; conditional contracts; overage or clawback arrangements; and of course the sale of the newly built properties.
Business sales and purchases are another aspect of Andrew’s expert knowledge. These range from high street shops and cafes, hotels and guest houses, professional practices and industrial and manufacturing concerns with support from colleagues in our Company Commercial department such transactions progressing smoothly for buyers or sellers.
Andrew says "whatever the job, I always try my best to work with the client to make the transaction as easy and stress free as possible, remembering how important it is to them and not necessarily something they have done before."
Outside of the office Andrew enjoys spending time with his family. He dances with Eastbourne based Long Man Morris Men, so can often be seen out and about at East Sussex’s local hostelries. On a more sedentary note, Andrew enjoys reading fiction and watching films.
- Experienced in all areas of residential property, freehold or leasehold, including lease extensions.
- Commercial property – property of all values and types – parcels of land under 1m square to several hundred acres.
- Drainage easements.
- Crane over-sail agreements.
- Short term licences to 999-year leases.
- Commercial leases including retail, office and industrial acting for both landlord and tenant.
- Development of land from one property sites to over a hundred new homes.
- Collaboration agreements.
- Land promotion agreements.
- Option contracts.
- Conditional contracts.
- Overage or clawback arrangements.
- Sale of newly built properties.
- Business sales and purchase – ranging from High Street shops and cafes, hotels/guesthouses, professional practices, industrial and manufacturing concerns.
Memberships and Appointments
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2004
- Member of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme
What Andrew's clients say:
- “I am fully satisfied with the service provided by your company. Thank you.”
- “Both Andrew and Lochana were efficient and attentive throughout. I have used several departments at Dawson Hart over the years and always found the solicitors and the support staff to be helpful throughout.”
- “We felt that the service was comprehensive and enabled us to understand the Lease and its implications to our organisation. We received superb professional advice.”