Delighted with the service offered.
Efficient, courteous resolution of a difficult matter.
Wonderful people, excellent service
Phone always answered promptly by Reception staff who always quickly transferred call through to conveyancing team.
Dawson Hart ‘has a recognised expertise in high-value financial cases representing professionals and business people from all sectors’. Practice head Mahie Abey ‘has an excellent grasp of the law, is very client focused and deals with complex situations with skill and a clear grasp of the issues'. Caroline Bourn’s collaborative law practice is highlighted together with her ‘grasp of details combined with a very approachable manner’. In addition to handling the financial issues arising from divorce and the breakdown of civil partnerships, the team also resolves Children Act issues and children residency matters.
‘Caroline Bourn is praised by sources for her “calm, clear and efficient” approach to family and matrimonial matters. She regularly handles complex financial remedy cases for high net worth clients as well as private children work. She is also an experienced collaborative lawyer.’
The young ladies in the reception area were pleasant and cheerful, giving the impression of a well run, efficient workplace.
‘Department head Mahie Abey handles complex, high-value matrimonial finance cases. He is also well versed in handling private children matters. He receives high praise from clients, one of whom notes; “I have 100% faith that he has my best interests at heart and feel confident knowing he is fighting my corner.”
It’s very reassuring to know that I have found a local firm of solicitors who I feel I can trust to use again whenever I have need of legal services. Your staff are all a pleasure to deal with and I have received excellent care and service throughout the proceedings.
Lorna has been with Dawson Hart for twenty-one years, specialising as a residential conveyancer.
She has considerable experience in her field and particularly with the local area, which is always useful when buying and selling houses in the locality.
Lorna works with landowners, particularly those owning farms and agricultural land with matters such as grazing agreements and liveries or in buying or selling land where overage, rights and restrictive covenants may be relevant. Lorna also works with developers, either acquiring land and buildings for redevelopment, or selling off the completed dwellings.
Lorna is a very keen horsewoman and as a result specialises in buying and selling agricultural properties and land. Dawson Hart sponsor Lorna in her dressage competitions.
Currently, Lorna is competing with her three Spanish horses in dressage who are both progressing in the grades.
- Residential conveyancing.
- Purchase and sale.
- Agriculture land and equestrian properties – purchase and sale, grazing agreements, liveries.
- Overage, rights and restrictive covenants.
- Land and property redevelopment
- Lease extensions
Memberships and Appointments
- Agricultural Law Association
- Member of the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- Director of GBPRE (Spanish Horse Association)
- British Dressage
- British Horse Society
- Countryside Alliance
- MCI (Iberian Dressage GB)
What Lorna's clients say:
- “Our thanks to Lorna Richardson, Laura Mechen and Gemma Vine of Dawson Hart always pleasant polite and professional on dealing with the sale of our land and stables we would highly recommend Dawson Hart solicitors to anyone.”
- “The work was carried out in a thorough manner. It was helpful that Lorna's assistants were fully up to date on the progress of the transaction.”
- “Thank you to all the staff who helped make buying and selling less stressful. We had obstacles and difficulties along the way which was always dealt with efficiently and with empathy. Thank you.”