The challenge was for 7 members of Dawson Hart to run or walk 600km in June to raise money for Sussex Support Service. By this time of the year we would have held our annual Easter Egg Hunt at the Uckfield Rugby Club, sold plenty of cake and bacon rolls at...
Employment legislation is constantly changing. We at Dawson Hart have a specialist employment department which will work with you to safeguard your business. The biggest pitfalls for an employer are the lack of flexibility and appropriate documentation to enable the successful management of staff. You must have the ability to discipline, dismiss, make redundancies or vary the terms of employment without fear of a claim.
We can produce and update any contracts, policies and draft standard letters you may require. We can also provide continued support and advice to your business and give you instant advice on the telephone. Our employment team can help you through all the recent changes in employment law, including:
- Employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age discrimination
- Business sales and acquisitions affecting employees ("TUPE")
- Redundancy and other dismissals
- Absence through sickness
- Board level disputes
- Settlement agreements
- Maternity, paternity and flexible working rights
- References for employees
- Part time workers, agency workers and atypical employment arrangements
- Bullying or stress at work claims
- Employment Tribunal advice and representation
We appreciate that running a business can be costly. We are proud to provide a cost effective service. Where possible, we will agree a fixed fee with you before commencing a piece of work, otherwise we will always give you a clear estimate for the work that we do and keep you informed of your costs.