Nadhim Zahawi MP, the UK government's minister in charge of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, stated in an interview with the BBC on 17 February that it is "up to businesses to decide" whether to require staff to be inoculated against COVID....
The purpose of compensation in Clinical Negligence claims is to put you in the position you would have been in, had the negligence not occurred. We understand that many clients will have significant needs as a result of their injuries and part of our role is to know exactly what your needs are so that we can ensure there is financial provision to meet them. We have built professional relationships with experts who assist us in ensuring you get the compensation you deserve. There are two types of damages that you can be awarded, general damages and special damages.
General damages compensate you for your injuries. This includes your pain and suffering as well as your future quality of life. These are determined by securing expert medical evidence and also by looking at recognised guidelines and previous case law involving injuries very similar to those that you have suffered.
Special damages compensate you for past, ongoing and future financial loss. These types of damages can often vary and potential losses include:
- Loss of earnings and or career opportunities
- Compensation for care provided by family members and friends
- Transport and travel costs
- Future care needs and the cost of professional care
- Specialist aids and equipment to assist you with daily life
- Adaptations to accommodation to enable you to cope more easily with your disability