Direct Dial: 01825 746016 / Mobile: 07970 917311
HEAD OF FAMILY
Abey studied law at Cambridge and is Head of the Family Team. He is consistently top ranked in Chambers & Partners UK for matrimonial finance and children. The 2019 ranking states:
Department head Mahie Abey handles complex, high-value matrimonial finance cases. He is also well versed in handling private children matters. He receives high praise from clients, one of whom notes: "I have 100% faith that he has my best interests at heart and feel confident knowing he is fighting my corner."
Abey specialises in all areas of family law and has particular expertise in dealing with high value financial disputes involving businesses, farms and pensions, as well as complex children matters.
Abey is a specialist collaborative lawyer, mediator and a Family Law Arbitrator and is also highly experienced in cases which involve court proceedings.
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family, following the ups and downs of Brighton and Hove Albion, horseracing and mountain biking.
- All areas of family law, particularly high value financial disputes and complex children matters.
- Specialist collaborative lawyer, mediator and Family Law arbitrator.
Memberships and Appointments
- Called to the Bar in 1993 and admitted as a Solicitor in 2004
- Recommended Lawyer: The Legal 500 2019
- Top Ranked Leading Individual: Chambers & Partners UK 2019
- East Sussex Resolution Board
- Trustee Board of the Wealden Citizens' Advice Bureau.
- Committee of Uckfield Chamber of Commerce
What Mahie's clients say:
- “Going through a divorce is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Emotionally I was distraught, and it was hard to think logically. Abey and Yasmin, both helped guide me through the mind field. I am very grateful for their support and kindness at a very difficult time in my life.”
- “I was very heartened by Mr Abey’s calm and reassuring manner. He explained things in a way I would understand and digest at a time when I was fully distressed and unsure of myself.”
- “Superb personal service with discretion and compassion at a hugely hard period of life.”