I found Mrs Mayhew very kind, patient and helpful. Thank you.
Particular praises to Jenny and Gemma. We have used DH now for 8 years and never had cause to complain or comment adversely.
I found Mrs Mayhew very helpful, understanding and easy to talk to. She explained everything and made me feel confident.
Head of Wills, Probate and Trusts
Jenny qualified as a Solicitor in 1988 after a law degree at Southampton University and joined Dawson Hart in March 2004, becoming a Partner/Director in December 2010.
Jenny specialises in all areas of private client, dealing with a wide variety of issues especially the administration of estates (including those where there are assets abroad), drafting Wills and trusts.
Jenny also trained as a civil litigator and therefore is able to put this experience to good use by dealing with matters relating to contentious probate and claims brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975 for provision from an estate.
When not working, Jenny spends much of her time on her small holding, caring for her sheep, chickens, dogs and cats. She enjoys choral singing and has been a member of Heathfield Choral Society for many years.
- Complex and high value Probates and Administration of Estates.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advance Decisions.
- Declarations of Trust
- Court of Protection matters
- Contentious probate and Inheritance Act claims
Memberships and Appointments
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1988
- Head of the Private Client Department
- Trustee of the League of Friends of Uckfield Hospital.
- Heathfield Choral Society
- Small Farmers Training Group
What Jenny's clients say:
- “I am very grateful with all the help that Jenny has given me.”
- “Many thanks for the exceptionally high standard and personal attention in all branches of your business, with special thanks to Jenny Mayhew.”
- “Very grateful to Mrs Mayhew for her advice and enabling us to do what was required without the need for extortionate fees. We have used Dawson Hart on a number of occasions and would use them again without hesitation.”