An inspirational speech was given by our Managing Director and President of the Sussex Law Society, Jacqueline Hardaway, at the annual charity Ball on Friday 17th May 2019. To an audience of over 240 guests at The Grand Hotel in Brighton, Jacqueline...
Our team, working with our litigation and property departments, can assist with both contentious and non-contentious property related issues including:
- Renewal of business tenancies under Part II of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- The service of statutory notices including notices pursuant to Section 146 of the Law of Property Act 1925
- Possession proceedings, including forfeiture for non-payment of rent and other breaches of covenant
- Recovery of money from both current and previous tenants and guarantors
- The service of notices under the right of first refusal provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- The effect of insolvency procedures on the relationship of landlord and tenant
- Adverse possession claims
- Boundary and easement (e.g. rights of way) disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Advising on issues that might arise on a transaction for the sale of land, e.g. failure to complete a contract
- Land Registry procedures
- Claims in nuisance and trespass
If you would like the opportunity to discuss the issues which are of concern to you please contact our Property Litigation Team. Please enquire about our free advice scheme on the first Saturday of every month (appointments are necessary) and our fixed fee scheme. We would be pleased to advise on the most appropriate way to resolve any dispute or potential dispute.