At Dawson Hart we recognise that clients need and expect strategic commercial advice and transparency on cost.
Our team gets on with it, dealing with issues before they arise. We have the expertise to advise on the risks and rewards for any property situation.
We act for individuals, owner managed businesses, limited companies, pension schemes and charities and aim to get the deal done as quickly and smoothly as possible.
On complex transactions we have the support of other teams in our commercial group to advise on company, litigation and employment issues.
Our five core areas of work are
We cover the full life cycle of commercial leases:
- Grants and renewals under the 1954 Act
- Assignments and underletting
- Surrenders and variations
- Rent reviews
We act for both developers and landowners dealing with:
- Conditional contracts, options and pre-emption agreements
- Development agreements
- Collaboration and promotion agreements
- Release and variation of restrictive covenants
- Easements and wayleaves
We act for investors in the acquisition and disposal of multi let mixed use properties.This often involves:
- Auction sales
- Variation of leases (both residential and commercial)
- Leasehold enfranchisement and right to manage advice
Business Sales and Purchases
We deal with business transfers as a going concern mainly in the retail sector but, also in the professional services, healthcare, licensed premises and light industrial sectors both by asset sale agreements and also by share purchase agreements. This may also involve advice in connection with:
- Licensing laws
- Transfer of employees under TUPE
- Licensing and franchising agreements
- Agency agreements
Funding for a commercial transaction can take many forms and we are regularly involved in:
- Securitisation for banks and other investors
- Bridging finance advice
- Deferred payments of purchase prices