Congratulations to Lisa Tagg who has recently qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive . Having gained a First Class Honours Degree in Law and a Masters in Medical Law from the University of Kent, Lisa has gained experience in various areas of...
Working closely alongside our Private Client department we are able to offer effective solutions and practical advice on the many issues that arise under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and Inheritance Act 1975 to personal representatives, beneficiaries and potential claimants. We can lead you through the process step by step and give advice upon:
- Does the Applicant meet the criteria to be entitled to make a claim?
- Favoured Applicants - Spouses and Partners
- The Adult Child and other problem areas
- Tax Considerations
We can also give practical and helpful advice on the conduct of the claim to comply with best practice and pre-action behaviour. The Pre-Action Protocols impose a clear duty upon all parties contemplating litigation to consider alternative dispute resolution. Examples of this can be:
- Discussion and negotiation
- Early Neutral Evaluation by an independent third party
- Mediation - a facilitated negotiation assisted by an independent neutral third party.